Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Leads

1. Compare/Contrast: The most respected historical artists were considered blasphemous to the name of art in their lifetime, and a similar thing is happening today. Modern artists are being judged for the "junky" medium, despite their extreme talent and creativity.

2. Direct Address: When you see two pieces of art, one a self portrait of Van Gogh, the other a modern sculpture made of torn-up tires, you immediately have more respect for the first. This however, is not the set of mind you should be in. Everyone should become more open to the name of art.

3. Rhetorical Question: Who decides what art is?

-Snookums (Caroline)

7 comments:

  1. I kind of like the last lead the best. This is a question I think a lot of people are asking, especially with all the modern abstract art. I like that you kept it short and simple. if u began the article with that question in giant bold, that would be good.

    JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the first lead best.I don't like it when an author says I can't do something, and I already know who decides what art is (me lol), and the first one was also more successful in pulling me in. So yeah. numero uno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your 3rd lead the best because it is actually a very contraversial question and I believe it could be made into an excellent article.
    -MP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that all of your leads are a little vague, but I think you definitely have a good idea for an article. Why don't you find a modern artist criticized for his or her work and interview them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second one. using real examples is interesting for an article on art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the third lead, because it's the same question I ask certain friends of mine when they say modern art sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the third lead, but make sure you follow it with a response that establishes what the issue is (could be your thesis).

    ReplyDelete